The Greater Baton Rouge State Fair
Photography Exhibition & Competition
Sunday, November 7, 2021, 4-6 pm
You are invited to enter the inaugural photography competition of The Greater Baton Rouge State Fair!
Do you have a talent in photography? Share it with us! Whether you love to photograph nature and wildlife, cityscapes, or portraits, showcase your talent at the Fair. You may even win cool prizes! Open to all amateur photographers ages 10 and up.
- Youth (ages 10-17)
- Adult (ages 18 and up)
How to Apply:
- Open to all amateur photographers (those who do not regularly sell their photography)
- Ages 10 years and up*
*Photographs by students under the direction of art instructors are also eligible.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Up to three photographs (attached at jpegs)
- Your name, best phone number, category, photo title(s), and photo description(s)*
- *Photo description(s) optional
This exhibition and competition is free of charge to enter. If one or more of your photographs is chosen for the exhibition, participants must abide by these guidelines:
What those accepted to the exhibition receive:
- Photographs must be original (taken by contestant)
- Photographs chosen for the exhibition must either be mounted on mat board/foam core or frame (preferred)
- Photographs chosen for the exhibition and competition must be between 8 x 8 or 8 x 10 inches (minimum size) and 16 x 16 or 16 x 20 inches (maximum size)
- Your name, email address, best phone number, category, and photo title must be on the back of each piece accepted.
- At the time you deliver your artwork, you will be asked to fill out a label with your name, category, and photo title.
- Each selected photograph must be accompanied by a table-top easel that can support the weight and height of the piece.
- A free day pass to the Greater Baton Rouge State Fair on Sunday, November 7
Photographs will be judged on the following merits: subject matter, composition, originality/creativity, overall impression, and presentation
Important Dates and Times:
- Best in Show, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, and Honorable Mention will be awarded in both categories.
- Each awardee will receive special prizes including 2 VIP passes for the 2022 Greater Baton Rouge State Fair, a commemorative ribbon, having their winning work seen online at the Grater Baton Rouge State Fair's website (gbrsf.com) and more!
Friday, October 22: Deadline to apply
Tuesday, October 26: Jury Notification
Sunday, November 7 (for those chosen to exhibit):
The Fine Print:
- 12:00-12:30 pm: Deliver artwork
- 4:00-6:00 pm: Exhibition is open to Fair attendees
- 5:30 pm: Announcement of Awards (winners need not be present)
- 6:00-6:30 pm: Pick up artwork
Incomplete entries will be disqualified. By submitting photographs, contestants understand that the entries chosen for the exhibition and the winners selected in the competition will be decisions of the jurors and judge, who have experience in the field of photography, and whose decisions will be final.